Server Spec for MailScanner

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Thu Mar 11 21:24:52 GMT 2004

I was interested in a specific part of this email and was hoping to find
more information here.

Originally posted by Kevin Spicer

>The machine you have specified above won't even break a sweat with this
>kind of load, and would probably cope ok with double the load (thats
>important since at the height of the recent MyDoom outbreak my mail load
>nearly doubled - I imagine others had a similar experience)
>For reference the 6k-9k load is pretty much what I do, my setup is as
>follows..
>Software:
>         MailScanner (latest beta - haven't upgraded to latest stable yet) -
>work directory in tmpfs, using both filename and filetype rules
>         SpamAssassin (latest)
>         DCC
>         Pyzor
>         Razor
>         Caching-Nameserver (just added)
>         MailScanner-MRTG (guess that won't surprise anyone!)
>         MailStats
>         sendmail (using LDAP Routing feature [without LDAP!] to reject
> invalid
>recipients)

The sendmail LDAP routing feature. I've heard of this an was trying to find
more information on this as well. Specifically, how to set it up, and
implement it. Im currently working on setting up MS as a mail gateway and
would like to use the LDAP routing feature.
I've been unsuccessfully so far in trying to find more information on how
to go about setting this up.
Could I trouble you to point me in the right direction?
I do appreciate it.

>         3 Scanners , SophosSAVI, ClamAV, Symantec Carrierscan
>Hardware:
>         Compaq BL10e blade server  (800MHz processor, 1G ram, 40G mini
> IDE hard
>drive, 100M ethernet [incoming over 2M E1]
>
>This copes well (although at the height of the MyDoom outbreak it was
>getting a little behind - since then I've added CarrierScan which would
>make it worse and the LDAP routing which

Cheers,

Jason