Recent error has me baffled...

Eric Sandquist esandquist at IHMS.NET
Thu Mar 11 20:54:41 GMT 2004

Everything was cooking right along on the lastest unstatble release... Until yesterday...  About mid-afternoon, I started getting complaints from users not being able to send mail...  It just sits in their outbox....  Then I noticed all the MailScanner instances were sitting at a very low cpu usage, compared to the norm.  Except for one that seemed to be in the normal to high range.

Started receiving and am still receiving the following error at the console at various times:

mon[2370]: failure for servers smtpo 1079034063 localhost

I saw that dns services check was taking over 5 seconds to complete so I disabled it and updated the systems local bind to look at different dns servers.  Also, upgraded MailScanner to the latest stable release.

Still had problems so I enabled debug in mailscanner.

Restarting MailScanner, it runs through the batch and at somepoint it stops with this error:

LibClamAV Error: cli_cvdload(): can't create temporary directory /root/tmp/10fdf74c5386ed0c
/usr/sbin/check_MailScanner: line 118: 28058 Broken pipe $process $config

I do not know what the cause of this is.  I was here until 1:30am last night trying to get it going correctly...

Also, after all of this MailWatch stopped logging info to MySQL...  Just to compicate the issue....

I am now getting alot of [MailScanner <defunct>] messages in TOP and other process checks..

Any ideas?  Didn't change a thing before all this started.... Email is still slow and sometimes delayed due to timeouts on smtp.  But MailScanner still isn't correct either...

      Eric Sandquist
      Systems Engineer
      ICQ#: 10274846
            Current ICQ status:
      +  More ways to contact me
      www.ihms.net
      www.messianicgroups.com
      www.nazarene.net
      www.amazinggroups.com www.613commandments.com
      www.hebrew-roots.com - www.netzarim.info - www.netzarim.us
      www.netzarim.cc
      www.momsonthego.us

Home Business Opportunity!! - Travel, Taxes, Health, and More