Non-Forging Viruses

Steve Evans sevans at FOUNDATION.SDSU.EDU
Thu Mar 11 19:37:37 GMT 2004

Yeah I was just really confused.

MY confusion was that on the Non-Forging Viruses line if your using
F-Prot you must put Not Scanned (encrypted).  The Zip-Password
suggestion does not work.  I'm assuming that it varies per virus
scanner.

Steve Evans
SDSU Foundation

________________________________

Behalf Of Julian Field
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 9:35 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Non-Forging Viruses

At 17:28 11/03/2004, you wrote:

        Actually better than that what I want do is stop delivery of any
message that the virus scanner catches, but if it only caught on
filename or filetype than to continue delivery.

Put "All-Viruses" in the silent viruses list. If it found a virus and a
zip file (which you can ban using the filename and filetype rules) then
the virus takes priority for reporting and delivery control.

        Steve Evans
        SDSU Foundation