Most wanted FAQ's

Tristan Rhodes tristanr at CI.GRANDJCT.CO.US
Thu Mar 11 18:53:14 GMT 2004

Ugo,

Thanks for the work you put into getting that MAQ together.  We appreciate your time.  Here are some thoughts....

Separate the installation instructions and the testing instructions.  The testing instructions should go after the antivirus section, I would think (otherwise someone will test Eicar without an AV installed).

Also, the easiest way to test email security is the GFI Email Security Testing Zone below.  It includes many exploits including the Eicar virus; most of which get caught by my system.  Not sure if anyone has gotten a perfect score with this test.

GFI Email Security Testing Zone
http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest/

Under Rules for Posting,
"Use a meaningful subject.  If you change topics in a thread, change the subject line so that people who view the list as threads can better follow the ideas."
"Please do not post in HTML"
"Please do not include large attachments; it is better to post a link to your website so people can download it if they choose."

Also, I agree with a recent comment that the Faq-o-matic interface, it is littered with blank New Item distractions.  How do we delete these?

I have noticed that many opensource projects are using Wiki pages to update documentation, such as a FAQ.  Any thoughts on the benefits of this over Faq-o-matic?  I have found that I am more likely to edit a Wiki page because it is so easy to do.  Problems get addressed quicker because anyone reading it can instantly update the page.

Tristan