Problems with zips in 4.28.6-1

Plant, Dean dean.plant at ROKE.CO.UK
Thu Mar 11 17:26:04 GMT 2004

Plant, Dean wrote:

> The patch has fixed the problem with filename checks within zip
> files but I am still unable to let encrypted zip files pass. This
> seems to be a problem with the interaction of f-prot / MailScanner
> as removing f-prot from my Virus Scanners lets encrypted zips pass

Sorry to ask this again but no one has replied to my earlier
posting regarding a problem with 4.28.6-1 and encrypted zips.

Could someone who is using MailScanner 4.28.6.-1 + f-prot 4.4 and
allows encrypted zips to pass please confirm that they pass correctly
as I find all encrypted zips are stopped even if Allow
Password-Protected Archives is set to yes.

Thanks in advance

Dean.

Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.