Send Notices = maybe?

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Thu Mar 11 15:34:22 GMT 2004

Sounds ok although the ruleset that Joshua Hirsh suggested earlier on
the list is just as good an idea I think:

---quote---
"Send Notices" supports a ruleset already. I use the same ruleset for
"Quarantine Infections" as I do for this, and it cut back on alot of the
junk I have to sort through each day.

At the moment, my ruleset looks like this:

Virus:  sobig           no
Virus:  dumaru  no
Virus:  mimail  no
Virus:  gibe            no
Virus:  mydoom  no
Virus:  netsky  no
Virus:  bagle           no
Virus:  cidra           no
Virus:  default yes
---unquote---

This way you can simply exclude 95% of the viruses and still get the
notices of for example word/excel documents that are infected by real
virii but that you still may want to check/clean.

I tested it and it works great, not a single virus notification in the
postmaster box since :)

And no need for you to change the code :)

Best regards!
Remco