Restart Every Setting Question

Derek Buttineau derek at CSOLVE.NET
Wed Mar 10 21:53:56 GMT 2004

Good Day,

This may be a somewhat simple question, and I'm sorry if it's already
been covered, I did a quick look through the documentation and archives
and couldn't find anything that answered my question.

My Question really is whether there's any information regarding a 4 hour
restart time vs something much much shorter, along the lines of a 5-15
minute restart time.  I believe there would be performance issues, but
am not completely sure.

The situation is, in our installation per domain/per user configurations
for scanning/whitelist/blacklist are updated when the child spawns, and
the logging done with the child dies.  We have a client who is trigger
happy with their deny list, and is not satisified waiting for the
program to update itself (I currently have it set to 3600 seconds).
What I need to know to satisfy my superiors, is exactly would be the
tradeoff to lowering this?

Regards,

Derek Buttineau
Internet Systems Administrator