Exes within Zips

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Wed Mar 10 18:39:31 GMT 2004

>>How can I now
>>
>>1. allow non-password-protected zip archives through
>>AND
>>2. allow them to carry .exe and other executable files
>>AND
>>3. have them scanned for viruses
>>AND
>>4. and block password-protected zip files?
>
>Set
>
>Allow Password-Protected Archives = no
>Maximum Archive Depth = 0

Hmmm.  So that basically sets the archive checking back to where it was a
couple weeks ago?  Except, of course, it disallows password protected
archives.  Just want to make sure I'm not losing anthing here - just not
gaining the filename checks in archives that leaving the depth at three
would offer.

The antivirus scanners will still do recursive archive checking, right?
(Assuming they did previously.)

Thanks...

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500