Don't notify recipient

Michael St. Laurent mikes at HARTWELLCORP.COM
Wed Mar 10 00:55:44 GMT 2004

Patrick Chan <mailto:patrickchan at GOODMARK.COM.CN> wrote:
> Because the volume of virus mail is very large nowadays,
> I don't want MailScanner to deliver a report to both sender and
> recipient.
> Just skipping the message is okay.
> How can I edit MailScanner.conf? I can't find such option.

In the /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf file look for the "Deliver
Disinfected Files" and change it to "no".  Also, make sure that Silent
Viruses has the "All-Viruses" keyword on it's list and that Still Deliver
Silent Viruses is set to "no".

I think that will do what you are asking.

--
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation