just installed mailscanner. cant receive mails

Kourosh mailscanner at MINDWARESYSTEMS.COM
Tue Mar 9 17:26:24 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 14:09, Henry Harvey wrote:
> > That indicates that the mail can't be delivered for
> > some reason.
> > do a "postqueue -c /etc/postfix -l" and "postqueue
> > -c /etc/postfix.in"
> > to show your queue.  It should show why it can't
> > deliver the mail.
> > Also, how are you delivering it?  Are you using
> > postfix itself, another
> > mda such as maildrop or procmail?  Maildirs?  Do you
>
> I am using the default installation of Postfix
> on Mandrake. If you look at the logs,
> ... mail popper[5519]: Stats:....
>
> > have all your
> > permissions correct?  Did you make sure that postfix
> > was working
> > _before_ you installed MailScanner?
>
> Everything was working perfectly before did
> the changes for MailScanner to work.
>
> I understand that MailScanner actually gets the
> emails to scan from the Incoming Queue and
> after scanning it, writes it to the Outgoing
> Queue right?
>
> So does postfix then gets the emails on the
> Outgoing Queue and delivers it to my users?
> (e.g. puts it in /var/mail/theusername)?
>
> How long does it take to do that? and how
> often? Because from my initial testing, all
> mails received were gone. On the postfix logs,
> it just says "deferred transport". but I can't
> find where all the mails are going.
>
> Thank you

Henry,

Again, have you tried listing the queues to see what error message, if
any it gives you?  How are you delivering mail?  Are you allowing
Postfix to do the delivery or are you using another MDA like procmail or
maildrop?  When I was having problems, I listed the queue and it
indicated that maildrop was erroring out and that turned out to be a
typo in my config file.  Do a postqueue -c /etc/postfix -l and a
postqueue -c /etc/postfix.in -l to see what may be going on.  If the
mail delivery has been deferred it means that the mails are sitting in
the queue for some reason.  Your job is to find out why.  Go over the
logs again and list the mail queue and look for more error messages.

Regards.
--
Kourosh <mailscanner at mindwaresystems.com>