Password protectted attachments...

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Tue Mar 9 16:26:57 GMT 2004

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Yannick Cayer [mailto:ycayer at 3WEBMEDIA.COM]
Envoyé : Tuesday, March 09, 2004 11:21 AM
À : MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Objet : Password protectted attachments...

Greetings....

I am seeing more and more password protected attachments containing viruses getting throught on our network... MailScanner (or ClamAV?) does not seem to be able to handle them. I thought that, as ClamAV would be updated (patterns), that it would *learn* to detect those but it doesn't seem so.

Is there a way for me to detect those with MailScanner?

[Ugo Bellavance]

My ClamAV detects at least some of them already.