My system is being overwhelmed!

Don Newcomer newcomer at DICKINSON.EDU
Tue Mar 9 14:41:15 GMT 2004

That 84M is the virtual address size.  The next column is the real resident
size and that varies from 5M to about 20M.  I too was surprised that the
amount of load this put on the system.  I could turn Bayes off but I think
that's a HUGE part of SA's effectiveness.  I've set it so that any messages
picked up in RBLS are designated spam and not scanner for spam to save
processor time.  I'd welcome other suggestions.  Right now during the day,
our run queues are hanging in the 14-18 range!

Don Newcomer                                            Dickinson College
Senior Manager, Systems                                 P.O. Box 1773
newcomer at dickinson.edu                                  Carlisle, PA  17013
                                                        Phone: (717) 245-1256
                                                          FAX: (717) 245-1690