Possible virus in JavaScript attachment?

Olivier Diserens olivier.diserens at FASTNET.CH
Mon Mar 8 21:42:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I already saw this a couple of times.
This is a way to inject some javascript code in a page without actually
writting the script, but instead giving the ascii characters code..
thus bypassing the dangerous contents check.
The script will itself do the translation and get back the bad script.

I was thinking of a check around the fromCharCode() function. Denying
it will block this kind of stuff. I can't see another fromCharCode-like
function that would be usefull to prevent, but I'm not a javascript
expert.

document.write may also be a little bit risky, no ?

other ideas ?

best regards
Olivier Diserens