just installed mailscanner. cant receive mails

Kourosh mailscanner at MINDWARESYSTEMS.COM
Mon Mar 8 21:45:29 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 13:13, Henry Harvey wrote:
> > > MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner version 4.28.5
> > > starting...
> > >
> > > almost every 10 seconds on my postfix log.
> > > Is this normal?
> >
> > No this is not normal.  Any other errors in that
> > log?
>
> I am looking at /var/log/mail/info
> and also see these
> postfix/nqmgr[6359]: 9101F27085: to=<myname at zbc.org>,
> relay=none, delay=19, status=deferred (deferred
> transport)

That indicates that the mail can't be delivered for some reason.
do a "postqueue -c /etc/postfix -l" and "postqueue -c /etc/postfix.in"
to show your queue.  It should show why it can't deliver the mail.
Also, how are you delivering it?  Are you using postfix itself, another
mda such as maildrop or procmail?  Maildirs?  Do you have all your
permissions correct?  Did you make sure that postfix was working
_before_ you installed MailScanner?

Regards.
--
Kourosh <mailscanner at mindwaresystems.com>