Small problems with 4.28.5-2

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Mon Mar 8 13:30:17 GMT 2004

Le sam 06/03/2004 à 04:46, Julian Field a écrit :
> At 18:32 05/03/2004, you wrote:
> >Julian,
> >
> >I have been testing this release a bit more and I found the following
> >problems:
> >
> >- it doesn't sign the message if a filename check kicks in (I discovered
> >this using a zip file but it does the same with a plain exe); maybe this
> >is a design decision?
>
> Behaviour by design. The option is called "Sign Clean Messages" and won't
> sign messages which have been modified by MailScanner. You don't want to
> send out a "This message is known to be clean" on the bottom of a message
> which contained a virus.

Any chance of a "Sign Unclean Messages" option some day?  The message I
put in the signature has nothing to do with the message contents (it
says the server is about to be retired and encourages people to move to
the new server).

> >- on the inline sig subject: I can't put accented characters in there
> >because I can't trust the message charset to display them OK (I think
> >the only solution would be to put the sig in an attachment)
>
> You should be able to put all the encoding strings into the subject. You
> can't put them in the subject unless you correctly encode them.

Sorry for my incorrect choice of words.  I didn't mean to talk about
message subjects but I wanted to say something like: while we are
discussing this subject...

So, I was really talking about signatures and accented characters I put
there using plain ISO-8859-1 charset that are not always displayed
correctly if the original message (to which the sig is appended) is not
coded using ISO-8859-1.

I believe I could code them in QP but I'm not sure they would show OK
either.

Thanks again!

Denis
--