Lot of mails in mqueue.in

Gerry Doris gdoris at ROGERS.COM
Mon Mar 8 13:23:28 GMT 2004

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Vinayakam Murugan wrote:

> Thanks for the response.
>
> When I did a ps-aux | grep MailScanner
>
> one of the entries that showed up was clamav-autoupdate.
>
> I killed the process and things started working properly. Now there are no
> mails left in the queue
>

> Any idea why this could be?

MailScanner stops all processing during a check for virus update files.
Quite a while ago the virus autoupdate scripts were changed to avoid
lockups like you seem to be experiencing if there was an excessive delay.
It sounds like your virus update scripts are downlevel.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer