Unzipped files in /var/spool/mqueue.in ?

Marcel Burggraeve marcel at PLUSINE.COM
Mon Mar 8 12:12:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

We're running mailscanner on a HP9000 system and are using Sophos to scan
our e-mail.
Last friday we've updated to version 4.28.5-1 so we could scan zip files as
well.
This morning I've noticed something weird, apparently zip files will be
unpacked in /var/spool/mqueue.in but after scanning the files from the zip
archives won't be cleaned up resulting in a number of .exe, .scr, .pif files
in this /var/spool/mqueue.in directory.
I've just noticed there's a 4.28.5-2 version on the website but the
changelog has nothing regarding this problem.

Is this a known problem ?

Best regards,

Marcel Burggraeve
Plusine BV