Download rate

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Mon Mar 8 10:37:03 GMT 2004

> >The only glitch since I use mailscanner was last weeks's
> Redhat perl rpm upgrade.  But I know it affected RH9 as well.

I up2dated Fedora Core 1 to get new perl, restarted MailScanner.  No problem
at all.

> >Some other people use fedora on servers with significant volume.

Works fine with 14,000 messages a day here (I know that's still low volume).

> Perl upgrade? I dont use any up2date type services, bit scared of
> upgrade occurring automatically that break things. I only upgrade
> componants when i specifically find i have a need to - which
> is probably
> bad practise, so official support/patch frequency hasnt, so
> far, been a
> very important factor for us.

A lot of the Fedora updates have had performance improvements, so they are
worth applying.

Cheers,

Phil