Mailscanner 4.28.5-2 and Unscanneabled Zips

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Sun Mar 7 17:50:33 GMT 2004

Support calls and emails asking about them would be one reason and the
second reason would be to prevent it from becoming a form of DOS attack.
It's just a suggestion.  I'd think it just be another Compress::Zip
error code and it's take less resources to stop them than actually
deliverying them.

I have Symantec for Exchange running on our mailbox servers and it's
taking care of the problem but I'm certain not everyone out there has
the same setup that I do with MS watching the borders and Symantec
watching internal mail.

-=B

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 11:18 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Mailscanner 4.28.5-2 and Unscanneabled Zips

If they are harmless it seems like a waste of resources stopping them,
unless I am missing something....

Mr. Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
http://www.blacknightsolutions.ie/
http://www.search.ie/
Tel. + 353 (0)59 9137101
Lowest price domains in Ireland

--
Email scanned by Blacknight for viruses and dangerous content.
Visit http://www.blacknight.ie for more information