Download rate

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Sun Mar 7 01:44:56 GMT 2004

I upgraded to 4.28.5-2 from 4.26.8-1 yesterday.  I love the option to get into zip files to check filenames/types.  I decided to block password-protected zips as well.  No problems at all yet, but it is the weekend and my overall volume is low.  But the performance-related graphs look the same.

I'm running it on fedora Core-1, SA 2.36, DCC, Razor, Pyzor and ClamAV.  MailWatch, mailscanner-mrtg and Vispan for reporting/management.  I also run Symantec on Exchange.  It dectected one W32.Beagle at mm!zip on 3/4/2004 8:43 PM, after having slipped through mailscanner and clamAV on the 3/2/2004 8:52 PM  According to Symantec, W32.Beagle at mm!zip is a generic detection for password-protected zip file containing an executable of the Beagle family.  Anyone knows when clamAV began detecting this virus?  Just curious.

The only other virus that came through since sept. 2003 is one W32.Netsky.C at mm.