F-prot update

Dan Hollis spamtrap71892316634 at ANIME.NET
Sat Mar 6 13:15:36 GMT 2004

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, Peter Bonivart wrote:
> Mail systems should keep mail flowing. Stopping to try to crack
> passwords would impair mail flow a lot.

More than say, the heuristics and checks done by virus scanners on files?
Or calls to spamassassin?

> MailScanner shouldn't keep trying hard with anything that is meant to
> obstruct mail flow, it should just make quick decisions whether it's
> good or bad mail and get on with it.

Is a callout to a virus scanner and/or spamassassin "quick decision"
compared to trying 1 or 2 passwords on an encrypted zipfile?

I really think you overstate the case of testing passwords on encrypted
zipfiles.

-Dan