4.28.5-2 and zip files

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Fri Mar 5 18:34:45 GMT 2004

On Mar 5, 2004, at 8:24 AM, Julian Field wrote:

>> FromOrTo:   132.210.x.y  yes
>
> You can't match a "To" address that is an IP number as you don't know
> the destination IP address until after you have delivered the message.
> You can only use "From" with IP addresses.

As a point of clarification (I've had this question for a while, and
just seems to fit now), when you match from on an IP address, it's not
actually related to the From address (as in, a DNS lookup of the email
address), it's the MTA's relay (the $_ in sendmail-ese) right?

Which leads me to another question: does mailscanner loose anything if
the $_ only has the IP address and not the hostname?