sweep options

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 5 09:08:27 GMT 2004

At 04:50 05/03/2004, you wrote:
>On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 20:53:21 +0000, Julian Field wrote:
>

> >> I am trying to
> >> verify that we are protected from the Bagle virus and I get the
> >> following error when running sweep
> >>

> > Please ensure you install Sophos using my Sophos.install script as
> > instructed in the docs, and not Sophos's own installation script.
> >

>You mean this doc?
>
>http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/SAVI.shtml

No, that is for installing the Sophos SAVI module. I meant the section
from, for example, the
"<http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/linux.shtml>Installing
using the Linux RPM package" page which clearly says this:

Sophos

The second job is to install the Sophos anti-virus package. Assuming you
have this on CD, or have downloaded it from <http://www.sophos.com/>Sophos'
web site, login as root if you haven't already done so and change into the
directory in which you have a copy of it. This should either contain a file
called "linux.intel.libc6.tar.Z" or a directory "sav-install". Run the command
     /usr/sbin/Sophos.install

and Sophos will be installed in /usr/local/Sophos for you. It will also
attempt to update your copy of Sophos to use all the latest virus identity
(.IDE) files from the Sophos web site.
--
Julian Field