Apparent MessageLabs disclaimer

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Fri Mar 5 08:25:26 GMT 2004

[snip]
>Just another point that made me smile today, I happened to notice that
>on the bottom of an automated signature from a company that pays $$$ to
>Messagelabs they were stating: 'This message has been scanned by
>Messagelabs for viruses, it should be noted that we can not scan
>encrypted or password protected messages'. Looks like even the mighty
>Messagelabs have not worked a fix yet!!

Drew

I have been looking on the MessageLab site for confirmation of this but
can find no acknowledgment from them that they are unable to deal with
password-protected/encrypted archives in attachments.

Can you provide further information and a copy of the disclaimer you
received?

Thanks

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           University of Newcastle,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.