Calling all translators (Welsh)

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Thu Mar 4 21:05:05 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 20:51, Julian Field wrote:
> Tony Blair is the Prime Minister (political head of the government). The
> Queen is the monarch. The United Kingdom is made up of England, Wales,
> Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Interestingly the union flag (aka union jack) is a combination of the
flags of St George (representing England), St Andrew (for Scotland) and
St. Patrick (for Ireland).  Wales isn't represented in the flag as it
was already a principality of England at the time of the union between
England and Scotland (James II If I remember correctly)

> Other languages used to be spoken as well, such as Cornish in Cornwall, a
> county in the SW of England, though that has pretty much died out now.

I remember reading a while ago that Cornish has been undergoing
something of a revival of late.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000