Upgrading mailscanner

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 4 20:33:29 GMT 2004

At 19:13 04/03/2004, you wrote:
>What is the best way to upgrade mailscanner from a previous version that
>was installed using the tar version?
>
>Don't want to have to reconfigure all my reports, config etc...

Install the new version in a directory that is numbered with the version,
eg. /opt/MailScanner-4.27-14 or whatever. Copy over all your old reports to
the new one, with the exception of languages.conf which you will have to
diff the old one against the new one.

Use upgrade_MailScanner_conf to upgrade the MailScanner.conf file. Copy
over most of the rest of the files.

Sorry it is such a manual job. :-(
I need to do some work on this when I get a chance.
--
Julian Field