Update virus scanner script

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Thu Mar 4 13:18:01 GMT 2004

All

It looks like I have managed to get myself a little confused. It seems
like Julian's update virus scanner script automatically runs as some form
of automated 'cron' job. I assumed that I needed to run it from cron, so
now have my av scanners updating extremely regularly (No excuse for not
being up todate :-) but a little over the top!) If I remove it from cron,
do I need to execute it as a boot script or will just starting MS do that
for me?

Sorry, I'm sure I could find out if I understood Perl (But hey, I struggle
with regex!).

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy