Quick fix for encrypted zip problem?

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Thu Mar 4 09:12:40 GMT 2004

Hello all...

I know this is a rather *hot* topic for discussion at the moment, but I
was just glancing at part of MailScanner, or rather SweepViruses.pm

SweepViruses.pm:  if ($line =~ /\s\sNot scanned \(encrypted\)/ ||

... obviously it's an evil hack, but seeing as my system (either Sophos
with SAVI or something else) is reporting these zip files as
'encrypted', is there any way the check above can be changed quickly to
assume that such a file *is* infected?

... oh, and thanks to 'shrek-m' on the list for a solution using a
ruleset and filename rules, but my users still weren't happy... ho-hum.