Unable to install latest release

Gene & Mary LeDuc leduc at CTS.COM
Thu Mar 4 07:34:10 GMT 2004

I ran into the same problem on RH 8 this afternoon.

In /etc/sysconfig/i18n find the LANG= line:
   LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
and remove the '.UTF-8':
   LANG="en_US"

and that should do it (apparently the ".UTF-8" breaks things).  Don't
even think about asking me why, I don't have a clue.  Someone else on
this list probably knows and may even tell us.

Regards,
Gene