Speed problems

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Wed Mar 3 21:42:08 GMT 2004

Martin Hepworth wrote:

> John
>
> Using FreeBSD 4.8 and perl 5.8.0 from ports, not changed Perl for ages..
>
> --
> Martin Hepworth
> Snr Systems Administrator
> Solid State Logic
> Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300
>

> John Rudd wrote:
>
>> On Mar 3, 2004, at 8:46 AM, Julian Field wrote:
>>
>>> I have been trying to reproduce the loss of speed running various
>>> different
>>> versions on the same mail messages in debug mode.
>>> Unsuccessfully :-(
>>

>> Didn't someone post an hour or so ago that their speed problem came
>> from redhat's perl update, and not from mailscanner's update?  Once
>> they downgraded the speed problem went away? or something like that?
>>
>> (is anyone having the problem not using redhat, and if you're using
>> redhat and having the speed problem, did you update your version of
>> perl, via redhat instead of direct from perl, around the same time your
>> speed problem started?)

> the system manager.
>
> This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept
> for the presence of computer viruses and is believed to be clean.

Using RH9 and havent updated anything.
4.24-5 was perfect on this amchine, 4.26.8-1 almost no successfull
scans, spamassassin would time out - i upgraded to SA 2.63, clamav.67,
mailwatch.51 and mailscanner 4.26.8-1 all in one go. I reduce the child
process to 2 and still the same.
My i18n file looks like - am not sure if i should change anything, i had
to chaneg teh LANG to a C or i couldnt compile stuff.
LANG="C"
#LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"