OT:Food for thought

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Wed Mar 3 20:47:10 GMT 2004

Your users should't be able do disable it.

I used to work with Mcafee a lot and by tweaking the settings for some applications, we saw tremendous results.

I just disabled the "scan all files" and enabled "scan executables only" (a lot more than .exe were on the list, though... dlls, and other types).  We got from 1m40s for opening a map to 40 secs.  We did that only for users using this specific application.  Even with a careful analysis, i couldn't find exactly what type of files I had to exclude :(.

The next day, I was recognized as a god in this department :)