Food for thought

Marco Obaid marco at MUW.EDU
Wed Mar 3 20:51:16 GMT 2004

Quoting Dave's List Addy <listonly at WEBPRESENCEGROUP.NET>:

> On 3/3/04 2:20 PM, "Peter Bonivart" wrote:
>
> > I guess the real question is, how is it possible that there still is
> > users stupid enough to spread this? :-)
>
> I read something the other day that was a study of users and how they felt;
>
> A. The Help Desk should be handling this.
>
> B. They don't have time to make sure it's not a virus and should be able to
> open mail as they please (refer to A.) Or bother with updates. (Gotta
> EBay!!)
>
> C. Nothing they can do about it so what's the fuss.

Add to this, that most Desktop Antivirus solutions do hijack system resources.
I have caught many users turning off the Antivirus because it "slows down"
their machines. I do not blame them, because I have done this myself a time or
two when I was working on complex project with so many screens open.