Getting a *lot* of these

Michael St. Laurent mikes at HARTWELLCORP.COM
Wed Mar 3 20:03:23 GMT 2004

Julian Field <mailto:mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:
>>> What about cleaning out your incomming queue :) Thats where it
>>> starts.
>>
>> I *am* cleaning it out.  Each night I'm removing any file more than
>> one day old.  However, my log files are still getting bloated.
>
> How are these bad files being generated? I very rarely see this
> problem. I would definitely advise you to investigate the cause
> rather than just killing the symptom.

Julian,

My /var/log/maillog file now has almost 8 million lines in it.  I don't have
the luxury of trying to find out what is generating the files under these
conditions.  I've commented out the line in Sendmail.pm that makes the log
entries for now.

--
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation