Food for thought

Marco Obaid marco at MUW.EDU
Wed Mar 3 20:22:46 GMT 2004

Something I thought about this morning, since the protected-zip delimma
ignited all over this list and that is:

Is it safe to assume that virus-writers are getting desperate, that they are
resorting to compressing their damage AND password-protect it and send it to
users? Have they exahusted all other means?

Is it safe to say the tools like the great MailScanner, and the work put forth
by my hero Jules, that the robe is getting tighter around their necks?

Maybe these questions can help us, MailScanner community, help MailScanner be
more of a proactive tool. We seem to respond to crisis, after the fact, maybe
the virus-writers ARE a step ahead.

How can we catch up with them and maybe be a step ahead?

I am just over-worked and in need of a good night sleep, just like all of you.

Marco