McAfee PROBLEM !!! (solved)

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Wed Mar 3 17:35:14 GMT 2004

Le mer 03/03/2004 à 12:14, Denis Beauchemin a écrit :
> Many infected password-protected zip files passed through our McAfee AV
> (using 4332).  Nonetheless we detected 341 W32/Bagle.j at MM since
> midnight.
> Le mer 03/03/2004 à 11:34, Michael Baird a écrit :
> > Good Question, Does DAT 4332 fix it, my understanding was that it
> > handled the unzipping and so forth, and MailScanner interpreted the
> > response, I'm looking for confirmation, I'm running an older version of
> > MailScanner (4.25-14 I believe), I hate to upgrade unless it's
> > necessary.

I've taken a look at the Bagle.j detected so far and none were in a zip
file (all were plain pif files).

So I'd say 4332 is definitely not catching any password-protected Bagle!

Denis
--
Denis Beauchemin, analyste
Université de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.