SpamAssassin installation could not be found

BG Mahesh bg.mahesh at INDIAINFO.COM
Wed Mar 3 17:03:10 GMT 2004

> What does
> perl -MMail::SpamAssassin -e 'print $Mail::SpamAssassin::VERSION'
> produce?

%  perl -MMail::SpamAssassin -e 'print $Mail::SpamAssassin::VERSION'
2.63

> And what about
> which perl

% whereis perl
perl: /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/man/man1/perl.1 /usr/share/man/man1/perl.1.gz
%  which perl
/usr/bin/perl

> and
> /usr/bin/perl -MMail::SpamAssassin -e 'print $Mail::SpamAssassin::VERSION'

% /usr/bin/perl -MMail::SpamAssassin -e 'print $Mail::SpamAssassin::VERSION'
2.63

I saw there were multiple perl versions in /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/. I got rid of the Mail directory in all non-5.8.1 directories and install SA again. Seems to work.

The email headers don't talk about SA yet. I guess I need to look hard into the configuration file now.

-- bgm
--
B.G. Mahesh
bg.mahesh at indiainfo.com