ANNOUNCE: Unstable 4.28.3 released

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Wed Mar 3 16:17:58 GMT 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:17:49 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi!
>
>> the fastest code factory in the west ain't producing the fastet code:-(
>>
>> My CPU is running at 100% and just about keeping up with the mail
>> traffic - ie processing about 375 messages an hour. Version 4.28.2-2 was
>> pushing about 1500 per hour..
>
>I hope Julian also can have a look on the MIME fixes implented recently,
>it really drives my CPU up. My boxes can keep up, but i am sure it will
>break a lot of others.

I have installed the new version and it can clean incoming (I keep
incoming sendmail running during upgrades) almost as fast as the old
one. That's the indication for me whether a version is fast enough to
handle our load.

And I have another problem. Our third mailserver is behind a dead router
so I had to redirect all pointers to the two servers locally. They now
get 50% extra messages to chew on and they still manage to get it done.

Nice piece of software. ;-)

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)