Bagel.H

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Wed Mar 3 15:56:29 GMT 2004

Vinayakam Murugan said:
> Hi
>
> Some machine on our network has been infected by Worm.Bagel.J and other
> variants. This is spawning a whole lot of mails with password encrypted
> zip
> files which contain infected executables.

Shut down your network and get all those machines cleaned.

> We are using MailScanner-4.21 along with clamav-0.67-1.

Upgrade MS to the latest beta (And keep an eye on this list as Julian is
working overtime at the moment keeping up. Ther have been 4 (Or is it 5,
I've lost count!) new beta releases in just over 24 hours. (Got to take
the oportunity to say, thanks Julian. No commercial software could keep up
with that.)

> Anybody face a similar problem? Any pointers would be great.
>
> --
> Warm Regards
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Vinayakam Murugan