McAfee and password-protected zip file detection in MS

Rabellino Sergio rabellino at DI.UNITO.IT
Wed Mar 3 14:52:44 GMT 2004

Denis Beauchemin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to modify SweepViruses.pm so it could grab McAfee's "is
> password-protected" string and just treat the attachment as a virus but
> it doesn't work...
>
> I modified ProcessMcAfeeOutput() this way:
>   #return 0 unless $line =~ /Found/;
>   return 0 unless (($line =~ /Found/) or ($line =~ /is password-protected/));
>
> Any ideas why it is not kicking in?  Could it be because McAfee returns
> a zero return code if it detects a password-protected zip file (I know
> this is what it does)?
>
> If so, could there be another way of achieving the same result without
> having to upgrade to the latest unstable version?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Denis
probably the message "password protected" is printed on a second line or to stderr.

But I've read that the latest release of mailscanner can check Bagle's zip or I'm wrong ?

thanks.
--
Dott. Sergio Rabellino

  Technical Staff