What is this Eudora security hole attack?

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Wed Mar 3 14:35:51 GMT 2004

Le mer 03/03/2004 à 09:23, Craig Daters a écrit :

> And while we're on the subject. Since I have installed MailScanner, I
> have noticed that a couple co-workers now have mail showing up that
> is split into multi-part messages. (ie. upwards of 16 different
> parts) What causes this to happen? The file attachments associated
> with these messages are typically un-usable, and the co-worker calls
> the client to figure something else out instead (like using the file
> transfer system we built into our website). And I notice that this is
> typically only MS stuff that I have problems with.

All Microsoft email software has the ability to chop big emails in
smaller parts that are supposed to be reassembled together on the
destination PC (if it is from Microsoft, of course).

This is another bad Microsoft design choice...

Denis
--
Denis Beauchemin, analyste
Université de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.