X-MIME

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Wed Mar 3 13:50:41 GMT 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:07:07 -0000, you wrote:

>Tony Johansson wrote:
>> Apologies if this is Sendmail and not MailScanner related. Any
>> pointers appriciated.
>>
>> We have some users that complain about email not beeing properly
>> displayed in their clients. The headers show:
>> scanner.ourdomain.com id i231555N010471
>>
>Its a sendmail message, I've seen it before but I can't remember why.  Have you checked the archives?  Are you running the latest sendmail?

As far as I know this happens when sendmail notices that the receiving
end does not support 8BITMIME.

You can test it by connecting to the receiving server and issue "EHLO
<your server>". It should give something like:
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE
250-DSN
250-ONEX
250-XUSR
250 HELP

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)