Selectively blocking .zip files with a ruleset

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Wed Mar 3 12:56:00 GMT 2004

Hello all...

Until I get round to upgrading our creaking MS box to one of the
unstable versions with more 'Zip savvy', I'm looking for a reasonable

I'd like to go to

deny \.zip$

in filename.rules.conf

but I've been informed we have some users that regularly send data only
in zip-files, and that can't be necessarily convinced to rename them
(not a brilliant suggestion, I know, but...)

How can I change 'Filename Rules' to be a ruleset, keep most of the
ones I have already, but build up a list of 'allowed email senders' for

Still running MS 4.25, SA 2.63, on Postfix...

Peter Bates, Systems Support Officer, Network Support Team.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Telephone:0207-958 8353 / Fax: 0207- 636 9838