Virus infected attachment removal

James Beale jamesb at LUDCASTLE.CO.UK
Tue Mar 2 23:06:39 GMT 2004

Hi

Firstly, apologies.  I'm feeling a little sheepish that I can't work this
out for myself!

I'm using Mailscanner with Command Software's virus scanner.  Mail is being
picked up via Fetchmail.  I am testing with Eicar test virus, and using
Openwebmail as my client.

Mailscanner correctly identifies that the incoming mail has a virus, and
deposits {VIRUS?} in the subject field.  What I can't seem to do is get the
attachment either disinfected or removed from the message.  Eicar is not in
any activated "allowed" list or other.

I have messed around with the following, and currently have them set to:
Deliver To Recipients = yes
Deliver From Local Domains = yes
Action = delete
Deliver Disinfected Files = yes

Not for the first time I feel I'm missing something obvious...

Thanks very much.

James.