backhair, confused... SOLVED

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Mon Mar 1 20:31:35 GMT 2004

Jeff Earickson wrote on         Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:17:38 -0500:

> debug: using "/opt/perl5/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
> debug: using "/opt/perl5/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir
>
> Wrong!  My perl is installed in /opt/perl5, dunno where these pathes
> came from.  Changed the two blank config settings above to
> "/etc/mail/spamassassin" and the debug output changed to:

this is wrong again. Default Rules Dir should point to the SA default
rules dir which is /usr/share/spamassassin on most platforms. I don't know
what Local Rules Dir should be, maybe the dir (not the path) within each
users homedir. Compare that:

SpamAssassin Site Rules Dir = /etc/mail/spamassassin

debug: using "/opt/perl5/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir

see the difference?
Either there is a small bug in MS which adds instead of replaces the Site
Rules Dir or there is another problem.

If you have a correctly installed SA this line should do it alone:
SpamAssassin Prefs File = /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
(note: no Rules Dir whatsoever stuff!)
if /etc/mail/spamassassin/ is the Sites Rules Dir (can be found out by
running spamassassin --lint).

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany