MailScanner vs. SpamKiller

Mon Mar 1 19:45:44 GMT 2004

Hi!

> > SpamAssassin    369,153
> > ...HTML_MESSAGE 290,859
> > ...BAYES_99     285,210
> > ...RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET       255,030
> > ...DCC_CHECK    232,846
> >
> > Out of a total of 369,153 messages identified as spam Bayes was 99% sure
> > that 285,210 were spam, that's 5.4 points right there. The best RBL for
> > me, as you can see, is spamcop and right after that follows the DCC
> > checks. HTML_MESSAGE is a low scoring test that doesn't affect the total
> > much.
> >
> > --
> > /Peter Bonivart
>
> I have also found Spamcop to be pretty accurate for the mail I receive.
> As such, I've bumped the spam score for it up a little from the default.

And you can put some more RBL checks enabled :)

#
# Extra DNSBL checks:
#
# AHBL RBL checks
header RCVD_IN_AHBL             eval:check_rbl_txt('ahbl',
'dnsbl.ahbl.org.')
describe RCVD_IN_AHBL           Received via a relay in dnsbl.ahbl.org
tflags RCVD_IN_AHBL             net
score RCVD_IN_AHBL 0 1.271 0 2.0
# RSL RBL checks
header RCVD_IN_RSL              eval:check_rbl_txt('rsl',
'relays.visi.com.')
describe RCVD_IN_RSL            Received via a relay in relays.visi.com.
tflags RCVD_IN_RSL              net
score RCVD_IN_RSL 0 1.271 0 1.6
# CBL RBL checks
header RCVD_IN_CBL              eval:check_rbl_txt('cbl',
'cbl.abuseat.org.')
describe RCVD_IN_CBL            Received via a relay in cbl.abuseat.org.
tflags RCVD_IN_CBL              net
score RCVD_IN_CBL 0 1.271 0 1.6
# ORDB RBL checks
header RCVD_IN_ORDB             eval:check_rbl_txt('ordb',
'relays.ordb.org.')
describe RCVD_IN_ORDB           Received via a relay in relays.ordb.org.
tflags RCVD_IN_ORDB             net
score RCVD_IN_ORDB 0 1.271 0 1.0
score RCVD_IN_DSBL 0 1.271 0 1.6

Plus i raised the DSBL score a little.