F-Prot - Debian - MailScanner paths [SCANNED]

Dave's List Addy listonly at WEBPRESENCEGROUP.NET
Mon Mar 1 18:52:02 GMT 2004

On 3/1/04 11:11 AM, "Julian Field" wrote:

> The non-Debian versions of MailScanner all expect /usr/local/f-prot to be
> the installation directory by default.
> You will need to change the path in /etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf or
> wherever the Debian guys have put that file. Don't alter the scripts at all.

Okay we have modified the virus.scanners.conf

Old
f-prot          /etc/MailScanner/wrapper/f-prot-wrapper /usr/lib/f-prot
New
f-prot          /etc/MailScanner/wrapper/f-prot-wrapper /usr/local/f-prot

Looks like that was the cure :))

But on the /etc/MailScanner/autoupdate/f-prot-autoupdate

We have
<snip>
use Sys::Syslog;
use IO::File;
# Stop syslogd from needing external access (or -r)
eval { Sys::Syslog::setlogsock('unix'); };

$PackageDir = "/usr/lib/f-prot";
</snip>

And

<snip>
# N.B. TempDir DIRECTORY WILL BE CLEARED so
# you *really* don't want to share it with
# anything else.
$TempDir    = "/var/tmp/f-prot";
$DefDir     = "/var/lib/f-prot";
</snip>

Will the autoupdate know to tap into /usr/local/f-prot Those looked
hard-coded?

--
Thanks!!
David Thurman