bigevil, backhair... STILL confused

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Mar 1 18:37:35 GMT 2004

At 11:57 AM 3/1/2004, Jeff Earickson wrote:
>Well, I have "SpamAssassin Site Rules Dir" defined as
>/etc/mail/spamassassin.  In there I have local.cf as a symlink to
>/opt/MailScanner/etc/spam.assassin.prefs.conf,

1) Why do you have local.cf symlinked to your spam.assassin.prefs.conf ?

In general that's a bad idea. If nothing else, you're forcing SA to
double-parse that file when mailscanner initializes.

If you really want the contents of your spam.assassin.prefs.conf to apply
globally, copy it to local.cf and put a blank spam.assassin.prefs.conf in
/opt/MailScanner. There's no good reason for both files to have SA config
data in them.

2) Have you run spamassassin --lint against your files? Slight typoes can
cause SA to get irritable and spit out whole files at a time without
parsing them.