backhair, confused... SOLVED

Jeff Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Mon Mar 1 18:17:38 GMT 2004

Gang,
   Discovered the problem after a good lunch and more staring at
debug output.  I had for settings:

SpamAssassin Site Rules Dir = /etc/mail/spamassassin
SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir =
SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir =

and got debug output of:

debug: using "/opt/perl5/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
debug: using "/opt/perl5/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir

Wrong!  My perl is installed in /opt/perl5, dunno where these pathes
came from.  Changed the two blank config settings above to
"/etc/mail/spamassassin" and the debug output changed to:

debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for default rules dir
debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir

and now backhair/bigevil/antidrug are being used by SA.  Problem
solved, but I don't know why MS was picking up my perl install path
for blank rules directories.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College