A few questions I can't find in archive...

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Mon Mar 1 16:10:29 GMT 2004

Nick Nelson wrote:
> In that case, and with the talk of SATA drives possibly not doing as
> well, I'll probably just skip back to Dual Xeons with SCSI drives.  The
> cost is less on the Dual Xeons as well, which is a good thing of course.

Did anyone else see the stuff which suggested that cheap SATA and IDE
drives weren't designed for 24/7 server use but SCSI stuff is? Something
in some Hitachi or IBM warranty stuff I think it was.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"