[Fwd: Sophos Anti-Virus IDE alert: W32/Netsky-D]

Mon Mar 1 12:27:56 GMT 2004

Steve

I note that it only seems to be slow at certain times. I wonder if one
of the shifts is slow or not as strong as the others...Some of the guys
on my LUG are sophos guys - I'll try and dig some dirt :-)

So when did McAfee have the update out? They used to the pretty slow in
the past themselves....

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Steve Freegard wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> This is pretty poor really isn't it - I've actually just changed my
> MailWatch set-up to use Clam as the primary scanner for reporting and I've
> added 'Worm' to silent viruses as there isn't an easy way to achieve this
> with Sophos (unlike McAfee with the @MM suffix).
>
> If things don't improve soon, McAfee will have a new customer when our
> contract with Sophos expires...
>
> Kind regards,
> Steve.

the system manager.